If you were at the 2007 reunion in Little Rock, you probably had a few of the sugar cookies that were in the hospitality suite. Sallye Cowan made the cookies and after being asked by several people for the recipe, she finally coughed it up. So here goes:
Sallye’s Sugar Cookies
1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
4 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Let all ingredients reach room temperature.
2. Cream margarine, oil, sugars, eggs & vanilla
3. Sift flour, salt & baking powder
4. Blend into creamed mixture
5. Chill dough 1 hour
6. Roll into balls & place on cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of a class that has been rubbed with margarine & dipped in sugar.
7. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cookie has started to brown around the edges.